Updated as of June 8, 2015
TOPICS FOR YOUR IN HOUSE SEMINARS:
Make your first step in transforming your school to become a genuine “School of Character”
Here are some seminars that are tailored fit to be conducted in your own school.
1. The Urgency of Character Formation
2. Transforming Schools Through Character Formation: The 11 Principles
3. Cutting-Edge Strategies for Character Formation
4. Classroom Management: Once and for All, You Can Solve That Discipline Problem
5. Improving School Climate: Fighting Bullying; Fostering Kindness
6. Empowering Students to Prevent Bullying: A Seminar-Workshop for High School Student Officers
7. Project Management for Student Officers: A Seminar-Workshop for Student Council Officers (College and High School)
8. Teachers as Agents of Character Formation
9. Nobility of the Teaching Profession
10. Advisory and Class Mentoring: Conjuring the Spirit of the Class
11. Best Practices From Around the World: Proven Strategies from Award-Winning Schools of Character
12. Lessons from the Classroom: 20 Things Good Teachers Do
13. Effective Leadership for School Transformation: Strategies with Impact for Officers
14. Building Moral Intelligence: The Seven Essential Virtues that Teach Kids to Do the Right Thing
15. Parenting in the Wired Generation: Raising Kids with Solid Character, Strong Minds and Caring Hearts
16. Teaching for Impact: Key Character Habits for Nurturing Students Hearts and Minds
17. How to Achieve Quality Character Education in K-12 Schools (The 11 Principles of CEP Philippines)
For full seminar description, scheduling or procedure for booking, please do not hesitate to contact us!
You may also download the full list of topics that CEP Philippines can make available for your school below:
For your in house scheduling, please do not hesitate to contact us!
St. Paul Education Ministry Leadership & Journalism Camp
Leadership camp, featuring CATALYST Leadership April 6-9, 2015
PAULINK Journalism Camp, April 10 - 13, 2015
Transforming Schools to Build Character
Every teacher must be committed to the formation of character of every student. And to do this effectively, the teachers must work hard to become men and women of character themselves, teaching the students virtues first and foremost through the strength of their good example. This was the conclusion arrived at by the almost 200 School Principals, Officers and Administrators who participated in the seminar organized by CEP Philippines, the national advocate and leader for the character formation movement in the country. The conference entitled Transforming Schools to Build Character: Essential Tools for the Effective K-12 Teachers took place last Friday, February 27, 2015 at the University of Asia and the Pacific.
The first speaker, Dr. Ernesto Grio, talked about “Current Trends in School Improvement (Global Best Practices)”. Culling from various research works done all over the word, he highlighted the fact that strengthening character formation was a sure mark of any effective school improvement program.
Mann Rentoy, the Founding Director for Leadership of CEP Philippines, discussed the importance of empowering the youth and its essential role in making character education programs in schools effective. He presented the wide array of services and materials that CEP Philippines has to offer that can help schools, companies and communities push character formation.
The third speaker, Luden Salamat, a seasoned teacher and much sought-after teacher trainer, talked about “Raising Kids with Solid Character, Strong Minds and Caring Hearts”. Using his almost three decades of experience as Principal and school officer, he shared with the participants concrete strategies and tools that he found effective in helping parents, teachers and students develop character.
The conference was one of the major projects of CEP Philippines, an international affiliate of CEP based in Washington D.C., USA. It is a nonpartisan, nonsectarian coalition of organizations and individuals committed to fostering effective character education, serving as the leading resource for people and organizations that are integrating character education into their schools and communities. CEP focuses on defining and encouraging effective practices and approaches to quality character education and provides a forum for the exchange of ideas. This conference was part of the preparatory events leading to the First Ever Asian Forum on Character Education scheduled for 2016.
The event Transforming Schools to Build Character: Essential Tools for the Effective K-12 Teachers was co presented by the PhilippineStar.com and CATALYST (OLS) and was made possible through the generous support of Melters Steel Corporation, Asia United Bank, Mayer Steel Pipe Corporation, RCBC Wealth Management, Sahara Farms Corporation and Seaoil Foundation.